GREETINGS!

This website is a work in process that I am building. With no formal computer training this will take some time. So do not fret if I omitted something, I just need time to finish.

I WELCOME COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, & PUBLISHERS :)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Introduction


I am documenting my personal experiences as a subway supervisor, or more specifically, an Emergency First Response Supervisor (formerly) with the Toronto Transit Commission. It is undergoing editing at the moment.
A 911 call typically brings police, fire, and ambulance personnel, but in the subway a 911 call for anything that could potentially delay the subway was my shift responsibility!
Similar content has never before been published by anyone with firsthand knowledge, detailing a subway emergency response and the many perils faced at track level.
From humble beginnings, I was a farm raised country boy who moved to the city for a better life. While studying Civil Engineering, I was awarded a Canada Scholarship and congratulations from the Canadian Prime Minister. 

In less than one year of employment, I became a First Response Supervisor for the Toronto subway system dealing with: fires, floods, suicides, terrorist activities or questionable events at track level which are chronicled. Many questions are answered and a better understanding is attained as to what goes on in each circumstance.
 
In this day and age, people are concerned about public safety and what is being done to protect them.
Whether it’s people hungry for secrets of the subway or those with enquiring minds, they will not be disappointed. From an informative list of radio call signs and radio frequencies, to station identification and facility locations throughout the city. A more complete collection of information has never before been available.
The reader will get a better grasp on how many people it takes to effectively and safely operate a citywide transportation system of this calibre.

An in-depth look at the responsibilities of overseeing Toronto’s subway during non-emergency calls is detailed as well. What does it take?
Secretive Transit Control and the illusive vault location are discussed. In fact, for the first time ever, I publicly reveal the address of the ‘money’ vault. Everybody wants to know where they keep the daily revenues!

One month after the July 2005 London subway bombing which killed 52 people and injured 700 others, I faced what I deemed to be terroristic activities here in Toronto!
There were aerial firetrucks, Chief Supervisors, and emergency personnel...What happened and what did I do?

That is just one of the many stories to be told.
I ordered a helicopter for my emergency response crew! Why did I do that and where is it? ...and so much more...

When completed, I see a worldwide market potential due to this rare peek ‘inside’, where the general population has never been...the bowels of Toronto.
coming soon...

6 comments:

  1. Seems like this is going to be a great site, awesome start so far!

    Return followers are always welcome :)

    www.gameflynews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like your post ,it would really explain each and every point clearly well thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking site Wayne, Good luck with it and I will visit often.
    FyreWebmaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait for the book Wayne...we will be watching for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, what exactly was your title as a first responder? Did you ever work at Transit Control? I heard it was hard to get in there!

    ReplyDelete